Last Monday, I learned the process to create fashion planning for next 6 months. My group chose Topshop and High street fashion. I will show the example of process for doing it from January to June.
- Design and Development : Textile, pattern and colours.
- Production : Garment
- Branding : Casting Model and set the targets – who want to buy their products.
- Buying and retailing : Clearing all stock ready for new deliveries again depending on market segment
- Media : Advertising (preparing for the collections)
- Design and Development: Shows, PR samples, buyers samples Products to the shop (sample) deliveries to the shops
- Final sampling: Duplicates for media and buyers PV (Premiere Vision), big trade shows
- Branding: to make profile send big promote invitations to buyers – press –big event for launch
- Trend prediction: Prepare for the shows, presentations to clients, confirmations of predictions collection information for next season
- Buying and Retailing: Look at January’s sales figures – receive stock – PV – design collection, mid range collection
- Media: See the shows and report – photo shoots – glossies
- Design and Development: Should know trend for Autumn Winter (designer, hand over to production team) , agree production samples and pattern, start to book manufacturing time and fabrics
- Production and Supply chain: First indications of production order (How much they need to order for material) , book time at factories : book fabric production
- Branding: Sales team sell collection – place collection with media
- Trend prediction: Check whether everything they highlighted came (check the trend coming up)
- Buying and Retailing: Place orders confirm what they have developed is in line with trends-develop new pieces, introduce colors if there are any glaring holes for the Autumn
- Media: Wrap up what happened in the collections and plan shoots for the Autumn-September Issue (biggest selling copy of the year)
- Design and Production: Close book-finale production (everything should ready), Order – review sampling from textile shows
- Branding: Sales teams sell collections-place collections with media
- Trend prediction: Continuing analysis globally visiting shows to report back to clients
- Buying and Retailing: Mid season deliveries
- Media: September editorial-prepare September Issue-shooting planning Christmas
- Design and Production: Chasing production to ensure punctual deliveries looking at sampling, which has come in from shows. Start to think new collection
- Middle of producing: Fabric and garments – developing textile for next PV and for customers
- Branding: Sales teams sell collections – place collections with media-What their brand looks like?
- Trend prediction: Preparing a lot of shows and ready for a book reports for the September shows
- Buying and Retailing: high – street will be looking at production for autumn – checking their deliveries are looking good reviewing sales are they in line with targets?
- Media: Signing of September- Starting Christmas collection
- Design and production development: Production and sourcing prepare new trend
- Supply chain and Production: Start to complete orders for July delivery (Italy closes for August deliveries have to be in by the end of July for September) * Beware in each country. Textile development for September PV
- Branding: Looking what they doing for next season. Identify the strategy for the next season (few months)
- Trend prediction: What is happening globally-are the presentations for the Autumn looking good?
- Buying and Retailing: Do they need to go on sale?, How are products looking for the Autumn? Are the collections likely to come in on time?
- Media: Christmas put to bed possibly-editorial (should be finish on June)